Today we are going to feature a Titanium Full Suspension bike from Lynskey - the Pro29 FS-120. This is a beautiful, well built bike that would give you many years of solid performance on any trail you throw it on!
Lets' see what Lynskey has to say about this beautiful machine:
29er popularity is literally, on a roll and the new Lynskey Pro29 FS-120 takes it to a whole new level. Utilizing Lynskey’s home grown multi-manipulated titanium tubes – a burly Helix down tube, enormous swingarm pivot and horizontally ovalized seat stays – Lynskey has created a fully suspended bike that’s ready for long cross country hauls, singletrack, groomers and lots, lots more. Suspension duties are handled by an able, comfortable Fox shock combo – the 32 Float 120 up front and the Float CTD Evolution in the rear. The 32 Float 120 and the Float CTD Evolution can both be dialed to your riding preference with air pre-load and adjustable compression and rebound damping with the turn of a knob. Power to the pedals, gear changes and stopping are dutifully supplied by Shimano’s tried-and-true XT drivetrain, shifters and brakes. Wrapping up the big ticket items on the FS-140 are the Stan’s NoTubes ZTR Arch wheels which put a virtual end to pinch flats.
- Fully tuned 3V/2.5AL aerospace grade titanium tubeset for stiffness, stability, precise handling, durability and comfort.
- Oversized Lynskey-designed Helix down tube for stomp and go power transfer.
- Single pivot "faux bar" suspension system with a linkage drive shock that’s optimized for hardtail-like pedaling response and plush bump absorption.
- Pivotless horizontally ovalized seatstays boost lateral rigidity for true tracking and eliminates rear triangle maintenance.
- Largest in the industry swingarm pivot is optimized for minimal chainstay lengthening all along the axle path.
- Jumbo bombproof Shimano press-fit crankarm bearings are utilized in the swingarm pivot for stability, long life and ease of service when necessary.
- Suspension kinematics provided by Luke Beale & David Earle at Sotto Group.
- PressFit BB30 bottom bracket adds structural rigidity by creating more surface area to mate the oversized down tube.
- Anodized linkage has sealed linkage bearings that are incredibly smooth, durable and widely available.
- Asymmetric chainstays create more drive side clearance.
- Oversized 12mm DT Swiss Thru Axle (optional)
- Slider-style dropouts adds tire choice options and wheelbase tuning.
- 120mm rear travel
- 142mm rear spacing
- 31.6mm seatpost
- 44mm head tube
|Frame||2013 Pro29 FS-120|
|Finish||Industrial Mill (multiple upgradable finishing options available)|
|Sizes||S, M, L, XL|
|Fork||FOX 32 Float 120 Travel 1.5 Tapered 15mmQR (White) (#910-01-395)|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float CTD Evolution (Upgradeable)|
|Wheelset||Stan's NoTubes ZTR Arch EX 29er with Stan's NoTubes 3.30 Hubs (Upgradeable)|
|Tires||WTB Wolverine 2.2 inch|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano XT|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT Shadow Plus|
|Crankset||Shimano XT (26x38 x 175mm)|
|Saddle||Lynskey Sport Saddle|
|Seatpost||Truvativ 31.6 x 400mm (Zero Setback) (Upgradeable)|
|Handlebar||FSA Afterburner Low Riser|
|Stem||FSA OS-190 (100mm)|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 ZS44/EC44 (Upgradeable)|
|Headtube Headset Size||44mm Oversized|
|Bottom Bracket Type||73mm PressFit 30|
|Wheel Size||29 inch|
|Max Tire Width||2.4|
Lynskey Full Suspension Technology
Lynskey’s simple, stiff, effective and very low maintenance single pivot rear suspension system satisfies both sides of a mountain biker’s brain. It gratifies the "order" craving left brain as it nimbly carves up singletrack with steady, precise handling, while simultaneously thrilling the creative, thrill-seeking right brain as it gobbles up bumps and brings a smile to your face.
How it does all that...
The Lynskey FS bikes employ a single pivot "Faux Bar" with a linkage drive shock that’s engineered to deliver the best of both worlds – hardtail-like power to the pedals and crisp steering response AND the ability to absorb all types of terrain keeping rubber down, rider in control and the fun meter up to 11.
Pivot location is key to most of this performance and the Lynskey pivot location has been optimized for each platform to virtually eliminate chainstay lengthening, bobbing and anti-squat while maintaining control and suspension balance under heavy braking.
Thinking beyond where the pivot and linkage are placed to how those two elements work on the trail, the Lynskey design utilizes the largest, most durable swingarm pivot bearings in the industry. Linkage bearings are simple and durable and both swingarm bearings and linkage bearings are readily available parts that are reasonably priced and easy to swap out.
Simple. Tested. Ridden. Fun.
Sale Price: $4975.00 (These bikes are available by order only)
For more information on the Lysnkey line of bikes stop by the shop, give us a call, or send us an e-mail. This is a great line of titanium bikes and if you are looking for a long lasting and beautiful machine and ride you want to check these bikes out!