We keep getting closer to the big day on Saturday. It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful all day long. The day starts with our group ride at 9:00am and that is a great way to get the body ready for the food that will be provided all day long. Stay around from 12-4 and listen to the DJ and do some dancing in the parking lot while looking at all of the demo bikes from our manufactures. It is going to be a fun day and we hope you will come out and join us.
Today we are going to get back to highlighting some of the bike lines that will be represented Saturday and the Specialized line of Mountain Bikes are up next. There are many great choices from entry level Hardrock either in 26" of 29" wheel size all the way to carbon 29'er full suspension Epics. If you are looking for a mountain bike in any of these areas Specialized will certainly have a model that fits your needs.
The Hardrock Sport Disc 29 has a MSRP of $700.00 and is a great bike for an entry level rider that will handle all the local trails:
With a smooth SR Suntour 29er fork with lockout, powerful Tektro Hydraulic disc brakes, and double-walled 29" alloy wheels, the Hardrock Disc 29er is prepared for mountain trails and urban jungles.
- Fully butted A1 Premium Aluminum 29er frame with ORE down tube for a lighter, more compliant and durable bike
- 80mm-travel SR Suntour fork with preload adjustment, lockout and size-specific spring rates means the suspension is dialed for rider size
- Light and durable double-walled 29" alloy rims are tough enough to handle the rough stuff
- Specialized 29" Fast Trak Sport 29x2.0" tires use Adaptive Tread Technology for lower rolling resistance, but have plenty of grip for confidence on the trail
- SR Suntour XCT 8-speed crankset offers a wide range of gear selections and reliable shifting
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes/levers with Light Wave rotors create increased control and superior stopping power for more confident braking
- Sunrace 8-speed, 11-34 cassette offers a broad range of gearing options for getting up to speed on the trail
- Specialized Body Geometry Hardrock saddle has ample padding for comfort, and front/rear bumpers for on and off-road durability
FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum 29er, fully butted, 6061 alloy, ORE downtube, externally relieved headtube, forged dropouts and reinforced disc mount, alloy replaceable der. hanger
FORK: SR Suntour SF13-XCT-MLO 29", coil/MCU spring, 1-1/8" steel steerer, mechanical lock out w/ preload adj., 28mm stanchions, post mount disc, 80mm travel
HEADSET: 1-1/8" threadless, loose ball
STEM: Alloy, 4 bolt clamp, 10º rise, 25.4mm
HANDLEBARS: Specialized flat bar, alloy, 640mm & 660mm wide, 8º backsweep, 4º upsweep, 25.4mm
GRIPS: Specialized Body Geometry XCT, Kraton w/ gel, 132mm
FRONT BRAKE: Tektro HDC 300, hydraulic disc, dual piston, Lightwave style rotor, 160mm
REAR BRAKE: Tektro HDC 300, hydraulic disc, dual piston, Lightwave style rotor, 160mm
BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro, hydraulic lever
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Altus, 8-speed, 34.9mm clamp, low mount, top-swing, dual-pull
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Acera, 9-speed, SGS Cage
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Altus, 8-speed Rapidfire plus, SL type w/ optical display
CASSETTE: Sunrace, 8-speed cassette, 11-34
CHAIN: KMC X-8, 8-speed w/ reusable Missing Link
CRANKSET: SR Suntour XCT, 8-speed, square taper spindle
CHAINRINGS: 42/32/22, steel
BOTTOM BRACKET: Square taper, cartridge bearing, 68mm shell
PEDALS: Composite platform, w/ reflectors, 9/16"
RIMS: HR Disc 29", alloy double-wall, disc, pin joint, 25mm, 36h
FRONT HUB: Alloy disc hub, double sealed loose bearing, steel axle, QR, 32h
REAR HUB: Alloy disc hub, double sealed loose bearing, steel axle, steel cassette body, QR, 32h
SPOKES: Stainless, 2.0mm (14g)
FRONT TIRE: Specialized Fast Trak Sport, 29"x2.0", wire bead, 40TPI
REAR TIRE: Specialized Fast Trak Sport, 29"x2.0", wire bead, 40TPI
INNER TUBES: Schrader valve
SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Hardrock, steel rails, 143mm width
SEATPOST: Alloy two bolt, 12.5mm offset, micro adjust, 30.9mm, 350mm or 400mm
SEAT BINDER: 34.9mm, alloy QR, nylon washer
NOTES: chainstay protector, reflectors, clear coat, owners manual
For those looking for a Carbon Full Suspension 29'er - you cannot go wrong with the Epic Expert Carbon 29 with a MSRP of $6,000.00:
With 29-inch wheels, carbon fiber frame, and Brain inertia valve damping technology in the both the Fox/Specialized shock and custom RockShox SID fork, the Epic Expert Carbon 29 has the speed to tame any cross country terrain.
SIGN UP FOR SPRING 50!
- FACT IS 9m carbon FSR frame with M5 alloy rear triangle with dedicated 29er geometry, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 142mm dropouts delivers strength, rigidity, and suppleness to create an uncompromising 100mm-travel Competitive XC bike
- Specialized/FOX FlowControl Mini Brain shock with AUTOSAG, Brain Fade inertia valve, air spring, and adjustable rebound for the ultimate in racing and trail riding performance
- RockShox Sid 29 Brain fork with 100mm travel, new Solo Air spring, Brain Fade and rebound adjust, provides premium XC suspension performance
- Shimano XTR Shadow Plus long cage, 10-speed rear derailleur is tough, lightweight, and delivers pinpoint shifts
- Roval 29 142+ wheelset with butted DT Swiss spokes, an airy rim profile, and oversized end caps matched with a 12mm thru-axle for lightweight toughness.
- S-Works Fast Trak 2.0", 2Bliss ready front tire features dual-compound rubber delivering exceptional speed and traction, while minimizing rotating weight
- Custom SRAM S2200 carbon double XC crankset with 38/24 gearing is built for strong ,yet lightweight performance
- All-new Sip Grip, a lock-on, Aramid infused, half-waffle MTB grip boosts durability, comfort and control
- Magura MT6 hydraulic disc brakes with a carbon master cylinder and reach adjust provide consistent and reliable stopping power
FRAME: FACT 9m carbon front triangle, 29" geometry, FACT IS construction, gussetless TT (S/M), M5 chainstays and seatstays, tapered HT, carbon PF30 BB, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 100mm travel
REAR SHOCK: FOX/Specialized remote Mini-Brain w/ AUTOSAG, inertia valve, Brain Fade adjust, 187x47mm
FORK: RockShox Sid 29 Brain, inertia valve damper, Solo air spring, alloy tapered crown/steerer, Brain Fade and rebound adj.,QR, 100mm travel
HEADSET: 1-1/8 and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
STEM: Specialized XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 31.8mm clamp, 6-degree rise, S: 75mm, M: 90mm, L/XL: 105mm
HANDLEBARS: Specialized XC flat, 2014 butted alloy, 680mm wide, 8-degree backsweep, 31.8mm
GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle aramid-infused, S/M: Regular, Others: XL thickness
FRONT BRAKE: Magura MT6, hydraulic disc, Hi Friction pad, alloy caliper, Storm SL rotor,S/M: 160mm, L/XL: 180mm rotor
REAR BRAKE: Magura MT6, hydraulic disc, Hi Friction pad, alloy caliper, Storm SL rotor, 160mm rotor
BRAKE LEVERS: Magura MT6, carbon master cylinder, alloy lever blade, hollow lever pivot, reach adj.
FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM X7, 10-speed, S3 direct mount for DMD, bottom pull
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, 10-speed, SGS long cage
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano SLX 10-speed, trigger
CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1050, 10-speed, 11-36
CHAIN: KMC X10, nickel plate, reusable Missing Link
CRANKSET: Custom SRAM S2200 carbon, PF30, XC double, Clean Spider, S:170mm, Others: 175mm
BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearing, sealed cartridge
RIMS: Roval Control 29, alloy disc, 24mm wide, 32h
FRONT HUB: Roval Control 29, OS28 end caps, QR, 32h
REAR HUB: Roval Control 29 142+, DT Swiss alloy cassette body, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
SPOKES: DT Swiss Super Comp, 2.0/1.65/1.8 stainless
FRONT TIRE: S-Works Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 120 TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.0"
REAR TIRE: Specialized Fast Trak Control, 2Bliss Ready, 60 TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.0"
INNER TUBES: Ultralight presta
SADDLE: Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
SEATPOST: Specialized 2014 butted alloy, single bolt setback, 30.9mm, 400mm
SEAT BINDER: Specialized 7050 hard anodized alloy, 36.9mm, single bolt
NOTES: Protective clear coat, derailleur hanger, reflectors, owners manual
These are just two models that are available and you can go less expensive than the Hardrock that is highlighted and there are models more expensive than the Epic that is shown. If you are in the market for a new mountain bike or just want to upgrade your older model stop by and check out our inventory.
Don't forget the Spring Classic Sales Event was extended on certain models as well.
SIGN UP FOR SPRING 50!
Tom's Pro Bike Service