Today we are going to highlight an outstanding Felt TT/Triathlon bike - The Felt DA4. As you can see from the above picture this bike just screams speed and it is a great bike for the price point that it is offered at.
Let's see what Felt has to say about this beautiful bike:
The DA4 is the most affordable of the DA TT/Tri line, and comes out of the same mold as the premier DA1. Incorporating UHC Advanced carbon fiber construction and the same frame shape and Bayonet 3 fork used in the other DA models, the DA4 delivers top-notch performance on race day. Ultegra derailleurs, Vision Metron shifters, and TTR3 aero wheels complete the package and give you a bike ready to take you to a new PR.
- Finish: Gloss Carbon
- Sizes: 650 x 47cm, 700c x 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm
- Weight: 20.94lbs | 9.52kg
- Frame: Felt Aero TT/Tri UHC Advanced MMC Carbon Fiber Frame w/ 3KP Weave, InsideOut internal molding process, aluminum BB30 shell, internal electric or mechanical cable routing, Carbon Fiber dropout & aluminum rear derailleur hanger
- Fork: Felt Bayonet 3 UHC Advanced MMC Carbon Fiber monocoque fork; 100% Carbon Fiber 1-piece blades, dropouts, & crown w/ Felt compression device
- Headset: Felt Integrated Bayonet 3 Stainless Steel 19mm ACB
- Stem: Felt Bayonet 3 Integrated 2D forged & CNC machined aluminum Fixed Position w/ custom Cr-Mo bolts, Ø31.8mm bar clamp, 51cm=70mm(ext) x 30mm(rise), 54cm=70mm(ext) x 60mm(rise), 56cm=100mm(ext) x 30mm(rise), 58cm=100mm(ext) x 60mm(rise)
- Handlebar: Felt Bayonet 3 6061 hydroformed aluminum, w/ internal cable routing, perfect fit adjustability, 7075 aluminum ƒ-Bend 3-position extensions w/aluminum arm rests & dimpled gel pads
- Grips: Devox Gel Velvet Tape w/ Felt Logos & Felt tri-tip grips
- Shifters: Vision Metron TT
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra braze-on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Crankset: FSA TriMax Pro TT BB30, 52/38T; 51cm=170mm, 54cm-56cm=172.5mm, 58cm-61cm=175mm
- Chainwheel: FSA 52/38T
- Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
- Chain: FSA Team Issue 10-speed
- Freewheel: Shimano, 11-25T
- Brake Levers: Tektro Aero
- Brakes: Felt Integrated Aero w/ cartridge brake pads
- Cables: Felt slick brake & derailleur housing
- Saddle: Prologo NAGO EVO TRI 40, nylon injected base w/active density padding & Cro-Mo rails
- Seat Post: Felt Aero DA/B UHC Advanced Carbon Fiber Forward Offset Bladed Monocoque Design
- Seat Post Clamp: Felt Integrated DA/B Aero aluminum w/steel bolts
- Rims: Felt TTR3
- Front Hub: Felt TTR3
- Rear Hub: Felt TTR3
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Tires: Felt Aero TTR2 Clincher, 700c x 23c, 127 tpi
- Accessories: DA/B Aero Bottle System by TorHans™
As I have mentioned in past Triathlon/TT bike posts the key to getting the best bike for you is the fit process. If you really want to be your fastest and most comfortable on the bike you need to first get a proper fit and then take those measurements to the floor and see which bike fits "your mold" the best. Tom's offers this service by appointment only but it is a service that is well served to you, the customer.
To set up a fit appointment or to look at our complete line of TT/Triathlon bikes stop by the shop, give us a call, or send us an e-mail.
REMEMBER THE SPECIALIZED SPRING CLASSIC SALE ENDS 4/22/2013
DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR DEMO DAY/GRAND OPENING ON APRIL 27TH AT THE SHOP! GROUP RIDE AT 9:00 AND THEN FESTIVITIES HAPPENING ALL DAY LONG.
Tom's Pro Bike Service