Since it is Wednesday and that means Race Night at Sprague Brook (Registration Link Below!) I figured we would go with another Mountain Bike and figured that the 2015 Specialized Full Suspension Stumpjumper line would be a great place to start!
THE TRAIL LEGEND REBORN
Mountain biking has come a long way since the Stumpjumper first debuted in 1981, but one thing's stayed the same for decades: The Stumpjumper is the ultimate trail bike. And this year, it features revolutionary new technology, like our proprietary Rx Trail shock tune, never before seen, fully integrated SWAT technology, 650b, 6Fattie, and 29er options, ultra-short and nimble chainstays, and an even slacker, trail-eating geometry. Add it all up, and you have a bike that's ready for anything that the trail can throw at it
Here is a cool introductory VIDEO on the bike as well!
HANDLINGTrail bikes have to do it all, and do it all well. Equally focused on climbing prowess and descending capability, the Stumpjumper FSR is scared of nothing.
- Geometry is built from the ground up for both 650b and 29” wheels.
- We made the head tube even slacker, at 67/67.5° and 150/135mm travel (650b/29”).
- Chainstays are even shorter for more nimble handling, at 420/437mm (650b/29").
EFFICIENCYPedaling and control are paramount to trail riding. We make sure that you get up and get down as fast as possible.
- We further refined our fully active and independent FSR suspension for all-around trail performance, while retaining the ManFu design with full seat tube access, fully sealed cartridge bearings at every pivot, and easy to service hardware.
- Our suspension team worked with our shock partners to develop our all-new Rx Trail Tune. Now, every rear shock volume, compression, and rebound range has been meticulously tuned specifically for the Stumpjumper FSR.
UTILITYIt’s more important than ever to be prepared for what the trail will dish out. We first introduced SWAT on the Epic, and now we've adapted the concept with the revolutionary SWAT Door.
- On the down tube, the SWAT Door unhinges so you can store your trail essentials inside the Trail Chassis without any rattling or compromise to the integrity of the frame.
- SWAT wraps keep tubes, pumps, and CO2 cartridges in place and rattle-free.
- Full internal cable routing through easy-to-guide, molded carbon tubes protect your housing and eliminate any tangling.
PERFORMANCEWe're proud to say that every Stumpjumper FSR model comes with the new Command Post IRcc with up to 10 middle positions, plus full internal routing and powerful Shimano brakes. You'll also find that every model is made to be two-by compatible with the Taco Blade and our new seatstay and shock extension design. And for rolling stock, every bike comes with ultra-wide Traverse rims for a better tire profile and increased traction.
For more information on the complete line of Specialized Stumpjumped FSR bikes stop by the shop from 10-6 today.
Don't forget to sign up for the May National Bike Challenge.
Want to race that Mountain Bike. Wednesday Night Single Track Racing at Sprague Brook Registration is open. It started last night and there are 7 weeks remaining! It was a great time with many new faces trying it out - so don't be afraid to try something new!