Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Carbon Clearance Sale - 2014/2015 SPECIALIZED ROUBAIX SL4 COMP FINAL THOUGHTS


The demo week ended for the 2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp that I was riding and I have some final thoughts.  First up is the Specialized website information:
  • FACT 8r carbon frame with Endurance Road Geometry, Zertz and tapered headtube; paired with a full carbon monocoque fork for the perfect blend of stiffness, compliance and light weight
  • Espoir Elite 25c tires with BlackBelt puncture protection allow for a smooth, fast, and confident ride
  • Specialized Roubaix Tape w/ 2.5 gel pads makes for an incredibly comfortable front-end, on any terrain, for any length of ride
  • New Shimano Ultegra 11-speed mechanical drivetrain delivers light-action, precision shifting in a lightweight system, creating one of the finer parts kits available
  • Romin Comp Gel saddle, with hollow Cr-Mo rails, delivers the same ergonomically designed, scientifically-proven Body Geometry features that allow riders to deliver power in high-performance positions
Here is a VIDEO from Specialized as well on the Roubaix!

First off I just want to let you know that the wheelset I was riding were not the stock wheels.  Tom thought it was best to keep the same set of wheels on each bike so that I was not thrown off by a higher quality wheel while riding a different frame.  Wheels are one of the biggest factors to a bikes performance and by having higher quality or lower quality wheels it can really throw the ride level off.

The Specialized Roubaix was very comfortable, fast and efficient.  I did not get to log as many miles on it as I was hoping to, but since I ride the Specialized Diverge I am very familiar with most features.  Compared to the Colnago that I rode the week before, the Roubaix was a softer ride and I could tell the difference with the Zertz Inserts and so could my body at the end of the ride!  There is an $1,800 price difference between the Roubaix (less expensive) and the Colnago and I could see the difference but is it an $1,800 difference?  If I was choosing between the 2, and had the financial ability to afford either one, I would have a difficult time making a final decision.  If budget was a concern, I would be all over the Specialized Roubaix.

Original MSRP: $2,950 (or $3,000 for the 2015 model) ON SALE FOR $2,350!

WE RENT FAT BIKES NOW!  Interested in trying out a Fat Bike without having to purchase one?  We now rent the Specialized Fatboy at Tom's Pro Bike!

Looking to do a Century?  Set aside 9/20 for Tom's Century Ride - Route to be determined (but I am pushing for a South Route)  More information to come!

Looking to do a Pittsburgh Dirty Dozen type ride?  Set aside 10/4 for the DD716 which is going to be a punishing 60 or so mile route over & through some of Erie Counties biggest hills and prettiest countryside.  Route is being analyzed so more will follow.  This is a no joke ride that will start and finish at Chestnut Ridge and will be a "controlled" roll to each climb where you will be set lose to challenge yourself and those around you!

WNY Cross has a new Facebook Page with all the Buffalo/Rochester Race Information posted!

Reynolds has a $250.00 Trade In Program if you purchase any Carbon Wheel!

http://www.tomsprobike.com/
3687 Walden Avenue
Lancaster, NY 14086
(716) 651-9995


No comments:

Post a Comment