Welcome a Special Edition of the Tom's Pro Bike Blog. For the next couple of weeks we are going to be providing reviews of what we perceive as our Top 10 Bikes for 2015. First up is the Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp:
Smoother is faster. The more comfortable and less fatigued you are at the end of a 4-hour ride, the stronger you'll be. Like shocks on a race car, the Zertz vibration damping inserts on the Roubaix SL4 help absorb road impact and keep power planted firmly on the road—couple that with a FACT carbon 8r frame and it's still plenty stiff to thrash around in a sprint.
- Fulcrum S4 wheelset is strong, lightweight, and ready to race
- Specialized Turbo Pro tires deliver low rolling resistance w/ superior cornering traction
- TURN Zayante BB30 crank provides excellent power transfer
- Always reliable Shimano 105 brakes for effective braking in all conditions
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed rear derailleur is lightweight w/ smooth and precise shifting
- Minimalist, high-performance Body Geometry Toupé Comp Gel saddle w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
- Lightweight and efficient, FACT carbon CG-R seatpost w/ Zertz vibration damping
The work that Specialized put into these great bikes is highlighted in a few different areas:
#1 - Size Specific Frame and Fork
#2 - Hyperbolic Shaped Head Tube
#3 - Shaped Seatstays and CG-R Seatpost
#4 - Zertz Inserts
To read more information on those CLICK HERE.
MRSP: $3,000.00. This model line is available in Disc Brakes as well for $3,300.00
Here is some updated propaganda about the Winter Race Series. It begins 1/12/15 and as a Thank You to all of our great customers we are offering 2 races free and the whole Winter Series for $150.00. All you have to do is CLICK HERE and schedule when you want to ride.
If you are new to the Indoor Race Series this is a great way to get a feel for how it is run and if you are a Veteran then you can score 2 free weeks of racing. Stop by the shop for more information or to check out where the races take place!
Don't forget that if you are contemplating a Tune-Up on your bike to bring them in and have them serviced before 1/15/15 to earn some Tom Dollars (which expire 3/15/15). This is a great way to "save some money" by earning Tom Dollars for a service you are already planning on having done.
Stop by the shop today and tomorrow from 10-8 for more information on the Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp, our Indoor Race Series or to see where the races take place and to check out our great inventory of bikes, clothing, and accessories!