Last week we posted a picture of Peter Sagan jumping an S-Works Tarmac and here is a photo of him winning the Mountain Bike World Championships for Specialized back in the day. Today I figured posting a blog on the S-Works Epic 29 World Cup would be a great way to kick off 2015 and our Mountain Bike Monday blogs:
The full-suspension, carbon fiber, S-Works Epic is the first 29er to win a World Cup event, and the bike Mountain Bike Action magazine describes as the "best bike we've ever ridden". One of two S-Works versions, the S-Works Epic World Cup is equipped with SRAM's XX1 component group.
- FACT 11m carbon, 95mm-travel, FSR frame w/ World Cup Geometry for the ultimate XC race machine
- Specialized/FOX Brain shock w/ AUTOSAG knows the difference between smooth and rough terrain
- RockShox SID World Cup fork w/ Brain damping and 95mm travel for race-ready XC performance
- Roval Control SL 29 carbon wheelset w/ Zero Bead Hook and 142+ spacing for greater control
- S-Works FACT carbon crankset w/ custom XX1 chainring for efficient power transfer
- SRAM XX1 11-speed rear derailleur for high-performance XC racing componentry
- SRAM XX1 11-speed trigger for efficiency and simplicity on the trail
- Lightweight and compliant S-Works FACT carbon seatpost
- The custom color—Rocket Red—is designed to naturally age over time. It will exhibit splashes of a dark rich color when exposed to prolonged direct sunlight. This finish is deliberate and therefore not covered under the traditional warranty policy.
Here is some updated propaganda about the Winter Race Series. It begins 1/12/15 and as a Thank You to all of our great customers we are offering 2 races free and the whole Winter Series for $150.00. All you have to do is CLICK HERE and schedule when you want to ride.
If you are new to the Indoor Race Series this is a great way to get a feel for how it is run and if you are a Veteran then you can score 2 free weeks of racing. Stop by the shop for more information or to check out where the races take place!
Don't forget that if you are contemplating a Tune-Up on your bike to bring them in and have them serviced before 1/15/15 to earn some Tom Dollars (which expire 3/15/15). This is a great way to "save some money" by earning Tom Dollars for a service you are already planning on having done.
Stop by the shop today and tomorrow from 10-8 for more information on the Race Series or to see where the races take place and to check out our great inventory of bikes, clothing, and accessories!