Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What to Wear Wednesday - BIBS vs SHORTS

Have you ever contemplated the difference between bibs and just standard shorts?

Today we are going to post some information on the both of them to help you decide which ones would work best for you if you are having that problem deciding between one or the other.

For reference material I am going to use the Pearl Izumi Attack Bib and the Pearl Izumi Attack Short.

 












To begin I am going to state my preference and then post what PI says about both of these items and hopefully that will provide you with some good information to move forward with.

I prefer the short and it is for one reason alone - bathroom breaks.  To me bibs are more comfortable, generally have a better chamois, wear better, but I cannot get over the fact that I have to unzip my jersey (in the summer) or coats and layers (in the winter) to pull the straps down if I have to use the restroom.  This may not seem like a big deal but when I go on longer rides I know this situation is going to come up so I go with the easy route and use shorts!

As I said though - to me I feel the bibs are much better quality but I just cannot get over that part of it.  If I am doing a short ride in the summer I will throw bibs on and not worry about it but for my long training rides year round - shorts win out!

PI says this about their Attack Bib

A Pearl Izumi favorite, the ergonomically designed 8-panel Men's Attack Bib Short delivers comfort, durability and a great fit.
•SELECT Transfer fabric sets the benchmark for moisture transfer
•Direct-Vent panels provide superior ventilation
•8-panel anatomic design
•Flatlock seams
•Silicone leg gripper
•Race 3D Chamois®
•Reflective elements for low-light visibility
•9” inseam [size medium]

FORM FIT

Body: 88% nylon 12% spandex/ UPF 50+
Weight: 250 g/m2
Mesh: 80% polyester 20% Lycra®

PI says this about their Attack Short:

A Pearl Izumi favorite, the ergonomically designed 8-panel Attack Short delivers comfort, durability and a great fit.
  • SELECT Transfer fabric sets the benchmark for moisture transfer
  • 8-panel anatomic design
  • Flatlock seams
  • Silicone leg gripper
  • Race 3D Chamois®
  • Form Fit
  • 9” inseam [size medium]
  • Reflective elements for low-light visibility

For more information or to check out both styles stop the shop - we have a great selection of both shorts and bibs to look at and make your own decision.

If you stop in and mention this blog and purchase either a short or bib and a jersey - receive 15% off the total price - but you must mention this blog post to receive this special price.

Tom's Pro Bike Service
3687 Walden Avenue
Lancaster, New York 14086
F: (716)651-0858

No comments:

Post a Comment