Looking for a powerful and sleek race bike? Come on in and check out the Specialized Tarmac SL4!
The Mannequin's dress is discussed in THIS BLOG POSTING.
Whether it's winning the Tour de France or a local crit, the next generation of Tarmac—the SL4—was born to race, with head-snapping acceleration and razor-sharp handling. The Pro model has even higher stiffness-to-weight than last year's industry-leading SL3 frame, with race-proven Dura-Ace components and Roval Fusée SLX 23 wheels for ultra light performance.
- Specialized SL4 FACT IS 10r carbon frame with uniquely shaped, tapered head tube and OSBB: now even stiffer and lighter for pure, unbridled speed and power
- Full monocoque FACT carbon fork with a tapered carbon steerer is super light with great torsional rigidity for high-speed handling
- Roval Fusee SLX is our best all-around alloy wheelset, with DT Swiss internals and an asymmetrical rear rim for outstanding combination of performance and strength
- Specialized Pro FACT Carbon crankset with oversided BB and removeable spider, has an unparalleled stiffness to weight ratio for efficiency and power transfer
- 1-1/8" to 1-3/8" steel headset with stainless steel cartridge bearings is low-maintenance, smooth, and durable; plus 8mm carbon cone and 20mm of carbon spacers
- Specialized Pro FACT carbon seatpost absorbs road vibrations and is stiff and efficient; paired with comfortable, high-performance Toupe Expert saddle with flat profile and Ti rails
- Adjustable 4-position oversized alloy stem with carbon-clip front cone plus 31.8mm bar clamp for strength and versatile positioning
This guy won Olympic Gold on the Tarmac!
FRAME: Specialized FACT 10r carbon, FACT IS construction, tapered/shaped HT, compact race design, 1-3/8" lower bearing, OSBB
FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, full monocoque, OS race for 1-3/8" bearing
HEADSET: 1-1/8" upper and 1-3/8" lower stainless steel cartridge bearings, w/ 8mm carbon cone spacer and 20mm of carbon spacers
STEM: Specialized Pro-Set 7075 3D forged alloy, cone head bolt and plastic clip, 12-degree, 4-degree shim, 31.8mm
HANDLEBARS: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2014 alloy
TAPE: Specialized Pro D2
FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra
REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra
BRAKE LEVERS: New Shimano Dura-Ace STI, Flight Deck compatible
FRONT DERAILLEUR: New Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
REAR DERAILLEUR: New Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
SHIFT LEVERS: New Shimano Dura-Ace STI
CASSETTE: New Shimano Dura Ace, 11-speed, 11-28
CHAIN: New Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
CRANKSET: Specialized Pro FACT carbon
BOTTOM BRACKET: OS integrated, sealed bearings
FRONT WHEEL: Roval Fusee SLX23
REAR WHEEL: Roval Fusee SLX23
FRONT TIRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, BlackBelt, 127TPI, aramid bead, 700x23c
REAR TIRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, BlackBelt, 127TPI, aramid bead, 700x23c
INNER TUBES: Turbo Ultralight, presta valve
SADDLE: Body Geometry Toupé Expert, hollow Ti rails, 143mm
SEATPOST: Specialized Pro SL, FACT carbon, 27.2mm
SEAT BINDER: Forged bolt and nut, 32.6mm
Specialized MSRP: $6000.00
Tom's Sale Price: $5400.00
Come on by and check out the Tarmac - you won't be disappointed. We have many other brands of bikes in stock as well so stop by and check out our inventory. If you are new to biking speak with Tom about setting up a fit to ensure you get the perfect bike for you!