We all know what is coming upon us very shortly - Cold and Snow! But does that mean you have to stop riding? There is an old saying out there: There is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing! The key to winter riding is keeping your extremities warm and comfortable and a great way to keep your feet warm is with the Specialized Defroster:
Don't let rain or cold stop your ride. The Defroster Trail features seam-sealed bootie construction, Thinsulate® insulation, and a neoprene collar to help keep your feet warm and dry even in the worst conditions. A grippy rubber sole provides great stability in slippery conditions.
- Thinsulate® 400 gram insulation for warmth, with waterproof, seam-sealed internal bootie construction and reflective heat-loss barrier in the sole
- Sealed canopy and neoprene collar keep heat in and water out
- Nylon composite sole with rubber tread for wet weather traction: 6.0 Stiffness Index
- Single Boa® L4 dial for a snug fit
- High visibility reflective accents for low-light riding
- Wide fit to accommodate winter weight socks—no need to size up
- Durable sheet rubber heel and toe protection
- Body Geometry outsole and footbed optimize alignment to improve performance and comfort
- 2-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals
- Approximate weight: 480g (1/2 pair 42)
I just added these shoes to my wardrobe for this coming winter and got a chance to break them in last weekend on a 5 hour ride in High 30's/Low 40's weather. My feet never once knew it was that cool out and they were very comfortable walking around in as well.
MSRP: $200.00 and we have the Mountain Bike (2-Bolt) and Road Bike (3-Bolt) Models in stock so stop by the shop today from 10-8 and check them out. You can start with your Christmas list or get some ideas for others.
If you have been following the blog you have seen this photo of Tom in Arizona wearing his ASSOS kit. We recently became an Authorized Retailer for ASSOS and their outstanding line of clothing. Today they announced a special Facebook promotion where you could win signed Swiss National Cycling Team jerseys.
First hurdle is owning some ASSOS gear so stop into the shop today and take a look at our inventory. While you are there ask Tom about how comfortable and durable their clothing is. Nothing like an honest review right from the wearer of the clothing!
We are open from 10-6 today so stop by and check out our inventory and start putting together a Christmas List or get some ideas for the bike rider on your list!
Indoor Race Series information is out. Click on the link to register and purchase your race credits because it is going on right now! Sure the weather was ideal for outdoor riding recently but you saw what happened last weekend. Don't miss out on some great winter training opportunities!