We have discussed the Specialized Turbo here before but for 2015 they have come out with a new model at a reduced cost as well. So if you were very interested in the Original Turbo (which they still make and is the Specialized Turbo S) but maybe were a little sticker shy check out the Specialized Turbo:
The Specialized Turbo combines speed and style through an innovative electric-assist motor, advanced electronics, and sleek design. Capable of a top speed of 45 km/h, the Turbo delivers superhuman power to anyone who rides it.
- Sleek and sturdy alloy frame with Performance Geometry designed for high-speed riding
- Oversized alloy fork is strong and responsive—even at 45 km/h
- Specialized Electrak Armadillo tires for performance and durability no matter the speed
- Body Geometry Turbo saddle keeps your comfortable for the fastest rides
- Direct Drive rear hub motor provides uber efficient power no matter the terrain
- Wireless interface unit with illuminated display to show key ride data
- Finest quality Li-Ion battery pulls maximum power w/ superfast charging times
The MSRP is $3,800 in comparison to $5,900 for the Turbo S. The biggest differences are drivetrain components and the front wheel on the Turbo is a standard quick-release compared to a Thru-Axle with the Turbo S. Will those differences change the ride quality? Well when we get our Turbo in you can test ride them both and decide for yourself. I know that $3,800 makes it much more inviting to me as a commuter rig!
We are open from 10-8 today so come on in and take a test ride on that bike you always wanted! There is a new Valpak Coupon out as well.
Don't forget we stock Assos Clothing & Accessories now.
Mountain Bike Racing is happening this Saturday at Sprague Brook - Single Track Stampede - Register Here.
Indoor Race Series information is out. Click on the link to register and purchase ride credits.
Check out our Events Page for upcoming rides and events at Tom's Pro Bike. A September Maintenance Clinic is being planned so stay tuned for more information.