Today we are going to highlight the Triathlon only Specialized Shiv Elite. In the Shiv model line there are four levels to chose from and the Elite is the entry level price point. They run a Tiagra front derailleur and bump the rear derailleur up to the 105 level which is very common among this level of bike. The front is not used nearly as much as the rear and having a higher level rear derailleur will help with better shifting response and limited adjustments to keep it tight.
Let's see what Specialized has to say about the Shiv Elite:
We ignored UCI rules and designed the Shiv Elite exclusively for triathlon: With Fuelcell storage, the Fuelselage integrated hydration system, and Sitero saddle featuring Tri Pod integration. The Shiv Elite features a super light FACT IS 10r carbon frame with alloy aerobar, Shimano drivetrain and Axis 2.0 wheels to round out the package.
- The ultimate frame for all triathlon distances, this Pro 10r Carbon, FACT IS frame with OSBB is optimized for crosswinds and is the most race-ready aerodynamic frame anywhere
- Designed to fit inside the Shiv's frame, the Fuelselage is the ultimate integrated hydration system. It holds the same amount as a small water bottle without any aerodynamic penalty
- Fully-adjustable, Specialized Hydroformed Alloy Aerobar fits any rider to provide the fastest position
- Integrated aerodynamic brakes minimize drag for aero excellence
- The Sitero saddle with tri-pod not only allows for optimal power transfer and all day comfort, it also provides integrated bottle storage behind the rider
- MSPR: $3,200.00
Time to start planning your winter training so stop by and sign up for our Fall or Winter Race Series. Slots are filling up fast so don't delay!
Service Clinic coming up THIS THURSDAY September 26, 2013 - 7:00 - 9:00pm. Sign up on-line so we can have a head count!
XTerra is Returning to WNY - XTerra ASP September 28, 2013. There is still time to register!
Tom's Pro Bike Service
3687 Walden Avenue
Lancaster, New York 14086
E-Mail Us: email@example.com://www.tomsprobike.com/