We have been discussing bikes that are capable of cross 'Merica from Oregon to Virginia on the road this week, but today we switch gears. Friday is the start of the Tour Divide which carries bikers from Banff, Alberta to the Mexico boarder town of Antelope Wells, NM. They cross the Continental Divide numerous times, ride through desert high country, camp in bear country, and have memories for a lifetime. Today we are discussing the newly released 2016 Specialized Fuse Expert 6Fattie:
More volume means more speed. It might be a claim that sounds flipped on its head, but one ride on the Fuse Expert 6Fattie will have you shouting this sentiment from the rooftops. Our all-new 6Fattie Wheel System puts out more traction, more floatation, and better handling without sacrificing anything to efficiency on climbs. And to solidify itself as a proper trail machine, this Expert iteration of the Fuse places a focus on blending durability with performance. To do so, we spec'd it with strong alloy rims, a bulletproof one-by drivetrain with plenty of hammering and climbing ability, and a plush Manitou fork with 120mm of smooth travel. This Fuse is equally ready to take a beating and to hand one out to the trail.
- M4 Premium Aluminum proved to be the right material for the job, allowing a lightweight, durable frame with a low and slack geometry that's equal parts snappy and efficient on climbs and descents. It also allowed us to incorporate our exclusive Diamond Stay that accommodates the 6Fattie wheels/ tires without compromising on our hallmark short chainstays that provide unrivaled handling and climbing prowess.
- A Manitou Magnum Comp 650+ fork pairs 100/120mm (size-specific) of smooth travel with adjustable rebound for maximum absorbency over harsh terrain and easy, on-the-fly adjustments to the damping to hit the perfect tune.
- Custom WTB Scraper i45 wheelset has a fat 45mm width and alloy construction for the perfect blend of speed and strength, which means that you'll experience less deflection, increased traction, and more stability—all at lower tire pressures.
- 650bx3.0" 6Fattie Ground Control tires feature a perfectly sized contact patch for life-changing levels of traction and control while cornering, all without sacrificing climbing efficiency or descending prowess.
- Our Stout XC Pro crankset would be the perfect complement to any one-by drivetrain, but here, its strong alloy construction makes it ideal for power transfer on climbs and the inevitable rock-strike when descending through technical gardens.
MSRP is $2,100.00 and if you are interested in learning more about this bike stop by the shop today from 10-6. We can discuss storage options for carrying gear on the trail, gears that would work carrying you up and over multiple Continental Divide crossings, and something that would bring you south to the Mexico boarder with style and comfort.
Summer Sale is starting soon!
Specialized 60 Day Challenge is going on - sign up and earn a chance to win some cool prizes.
Don't forget to sign up for the National Bike Challenge.
Want to race that Mountain Bike. Wednesday Night Single Track Racing at Sprague Brook Registration is open. There are still 4 races remaining! It was a great time with many new faces trying it out - so don't be afraid to try something new!