So you sign up for a cool ride and about 45 miles into it you look up and this image is staring at you. You better have some good shoes on that are going to keep you from falling and busting your knee, face or bike on some nice size rock chunks!
What do you want to be wearing? Something that comes from an outdoor hiking experience such as Vibram soles would be nice right? Well, Specialized has the perfect shoe for you:
The RIME EXPERT:
The Rime Expert blends protection, great fit, and a confidence-inspiring Vibram® sole worthy of trekking in the Alps or hitting your local trails. Enjoy a truly adjustable fit thanks to the Boa® dial, while its Body Geometry comfort features make the Rime a perfect shoe for the modern adventure seeker.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbed: ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Vibram® rubber outsole for unmatched traction and durability.
- Nylon composite internal plate for efficient pedaling performance yet flexible for off-bike adventures: Stiffness Index 7.0.
- Single Boa® S2-Snap dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by Boa's Lifetime Guarantee.
- Dial/lace assembly is replaceable in seconds with Snap cartridge system.
- Durable synthetic upper with hard molded toe to handle all-mountain abuse.
- Ballistic mesh keeps trail dirt out.
- Wrap-style tongue for comfort, secure fit.
- Standard Fit last for all-day support and off-bike comfort.
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals.
- Approximate weight: 435g (1/2 pair, size 42)
I have had mine for almost 2 years now and they are still going strong. Commuting, mountain biking, cyclo-cross, ultra-cross and everything else has been thrown at these and they are comfortable, stable and long lasting.
To find out more information on the Rime Expert stop by the shop today from 10-8.
Want a great way to test out your bike? Purchase the bike and sign up for a slot of our Indoor Training Series.
Indoor Training Series is on right now. Information HERE!
WE RENT FAT BIKES NOW! Interested in trying out a Fat Bike without having to purchase one? We now rent the Specialized Fatboy at Tom's Pro Bike!
WNY Cross has a new Facebook Page with all the Buffalo/Rochester Race Information posted. 5 races left this year!