With new models of bikes coming out for 2015 already I decided it was about time to do a shoe review. Back a few months ago I needed a new pair of mountain bike shoes to put my Shimano SPD Cleat on instead of wearing my commuting shoes to mountain bike in. I decided to go with the Specialized Comp MTB Shoe:
The new 2014 Comp MTB shoe is packed with performance features that all mountain bikers can appreciate. The Boa® S2 dial allows for a more adjustable fit and the injection molded sole provides the perfect mixture of pedaling efficiency and trail traction.
- Body Geometry outsole and Footbed optimize alignment, improving rider comfort and performance
- Injection-molded nylon composite outsole with rubber tread for moderate pedaling stiffness and phenomenal trail traction: 6.0 Stiffness Index
- Single Boa® S2-Snap dial micro adjusts on-the-fly
- Dial/lace assembly is fully replaceable in seconds with Snap cartridge system
- Hard molded toe kick for protection and durability
- Stitched synthetic and mesh upper with asymmetric strap closure for comfortable fit
- For optimum performance, fit the rider with the proper footbed and shim
- 2-bolt SPD-style cleat pattern, compatible with all major MTB pedals
- Approximate weight: 365g (1/2 pair #42)
With a MSRP of $160.00 these shoes are well built and very comfortable. I have used them in all types of conditions and even commute with them periodically as well because they are so comfortable and very efficient. I love the Boa System for dialing in foot comfort and it makes for very easy adjustment if I am feeling that the shoe is too tight or lose while riding. Sure you could find a stiffer sole out there but you will be paying substantially more (S-Works MTB shoes with a Stiffness Factor of 12.0 run $350 and up)
For more information on the Comp MTB shoe or any other mountain bike apparel, accessory or bikes themselves stop by the shop. What better way to spend a rainy Monday than bike shopping. We are open from 10-8 today!
A great way to test the your new Mountain Bike out is in the southern tier this week - Ellicottville Wednesday Night race series is happening.. A great week to get muddy and sweaty on the mountain bike!
Check out our Events Page - Service Clinic 7/23/2014 @ 6:30pm. You can call the shop to register or online.