|The new Specialized Venge ViAS is quantifiably |
faster than a standard road bike by a wide margin
The all-new S-Works Venge ViAS Di2 was developed with one objective in mind—to be the fastest bike in the world.
The 2016 Specialized Venge features dramatic aero features such as a truncated head tube, an integrated low-riding stem, an elongated front brake mounted behind the fork and a rear brake tucked midway up the seat tube. Cables and wires are internally routed — even through the stem — and the tubeless-ready wheels are a bold depth of 64mm.
But perhaps the most dramatic thing about the new Venge ViAS is that it handles like a great road bike.
The new frame is matched with a brand new Roval CLX 64 wheelset, the fastest the brand has ever produced.
“We are fully friggin’ commited,”said Specialized’s Mark Cote to a Bikeradar journalist, who helped bring the wind tunnel to life. “Aero is typically 80 percent of the resistance you face on a bike. It’s not just road products where we are studying aerodynamics. It’s e-bikes. It’s mountain bikes. It’s apparel.”
- The FACT 11r carbon frame features fully internal cable routing, and it's Rider-First Engineered™ in order to provide consistent performance across the entire size range.
- FACT carbon fork is designed to drastically reduce aerodynamic drag, while still providing incredible stiffness and steering response for all out efforts and twisting descents.
- Roval CLX 64 wheelset provides the ultimate in speed and performance. Optimized for both head- and crosswinds, the CLX 64 wheelset is tubeless-ready and features a 21mm internal rim width for enhanced traction, minimal rolling resistance, and improved aerodynamics.
- The S-Works crankset features our highest quality carbon construction for the best in lightweight power transfer, while also featuring a fully integrated ANT+ compatible Quarq power meter.
- Fully integrated proprietary brakes are strategically located where wheel flex is minimal. This reduces brake rub, as well as laying claim to a near-zero drag coefficient for maximum aerodynamic efficiency.
FRAME: FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, internal cable routing, carbon OSBB
FORK: FACT carbon, full monocoque
HEADSET: Custom bearings, ultra thin
HANDLEBARS: S-Works Aerofly ViAS
TAPES: pecialized Roubaix
FRONT BRAKE: Venge ViAS
REAR BRAKE: Venge ViAS
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, 11-speed, braze-on
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, 11-speed
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, 11-speed
CASSETTE: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed, 11-28t
CHAIN: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
CRANKSET: S-Works FACT carbon, OSBB, Quarq Power Meter, 52/36T, w/ CeramicSpeed ceramic bearings
PEDALS: Nylon, loose ball bearings, w/ reflectors
FRONT WHEEL: Roval CLX 64, tubeless ready
REAR WHEEL: Roval CLX 64, tubeless ready
FRONT TIRE: S-Works Turbo, 120TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x22mm
REAR TIRE: S-Works Turbo, 120TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
INNER TUBES: Standard, Presta valve
SADDLE: Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon rails, 143mm
SEATPOST: Specialized Venge, FACT carbon