See told you it was Part II - and today's post is about the climbing ability of this beauty! I wrapped up work and headed to parts very familiar to me from Mountain Biking and dreaming of having a road bike with me one day to climb the canyon road.
The Goal? To go stop and see a buddy from TransIowa that works at a shop in the LA area. The Transportation? Sure I could drive but what fun would that be? So I parked in a shopping center lot and hit the road!
The Result? Great day on the bike - just under 20 miles and the work computer does not allow me to download my Garmin file and all the display report shows is total Ascent and Descent and since I finished where I started that wasn't going to be anything but a wash.
The bike handled great and the disc brakes on the descent were awesome. Must be from my mountain biking but I love disc brakes and feel much more confident on them personally. I will never purchase another "road" bike without disc brakes moving forward - unless it is a used Steel vintage beauty ;)
So, if you are you looking for a carbon, light, responsive, all around type of bike? Then you should definitely check out the Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon:
When the paved road stops the Diverge Expert Carbon is just getting started. Whether it's dirt roads or navigating potholes on the road less traveled, the Diverge Expert Carbon can handle it all. With hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, and tuned frame and fork it's only limited by your imagination.
- Specialized FACT 10r carbon frame w/ tapered headtube and OSBB for lightweight performance
- Specialized FACT carbon fork for precise handling and steering
- Rear axle is 135mm wide with 12mm diameter; QR compatible with use of included adapter
- AXIS 4.0 Disc wheels designed for whatever terrain you can find
- Specialized Roubaix Pro 700x30/32c tires w/ BlackBelt protection and Endurant casing for any road condition
- FSA, carbon, mid-compact crankset w/ BB30 for plenty of gearing options
- Shimano 785 hydraulic disc brakes w/ Ice Tech resin pads for supreme stopping power
- Shimano 685 integrated hydraulic shift levers for crisp shifting and braking
- Compatible with Specialized Plug + Play Fender Set
- The custom color—Rocket Red—is designed to naturally age over time. It will exhibit splashes of a dark rich color when exposed to prolonged direct sunlight. This finish is deliberate and therefore not covered under the traditional warranty policy.
There will be a lot of talk about it this week because I have it with me out in California for some test rides. I took the first one yesterday and it did not disappoint. I found a bike path that had some river bed single track along side it so I did a mix of pavement, dirt and sand and this bike was great on all 3. Looking forward to doing some climbing with it once I get closer to the Santa Monica Mountains later this week.
Here is some updated information about the Winter Race Series. It began 1/12/15 and as a Thank You to all of our great customers we are offering the whole Winter Series for $150.00. All you have to do is CLICK HERE and schedule when you want to ride.
Be careful, stay warm and stop by the shop today from 10-8 for more information on all of our inventory, our Indoor Race Series or to see where the races take place and to check out our great inventory of bikes, clothing, and accessories!