Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Mountain Bike Monday - OLD SCHOOL SPECIALIZED

After a long summer break the blog has finally returned.  Vacation was fabulous and we are awaiting the release of the "official" 2014 lines even though there has been many leaks throughout social media at different events.  

So with the thoughts of looking forward to 2014 I am going Old School today and remembering back to the early 1990's and the Specialized Stumpjumper.  You may be wondering why I would be going back this far and the only reason is that I recently got to ride one and it brought back many memories.

We were helping a buddy put in a new bedroom window and had to make a run to the hardware store.  He is about a 1/2 mile away and recently had a knee replaced so I knew he had not been riding this bike that often in the past couple of years and I asked if I could pump up the tires and take her for a spin.


I took his bike into town and just wanted to keep on riding.  It didn't shift that good, the brakes were not  the best but the bike felt solid and I wanted to find some dirt to give it a spin on even though he had slicks on it so I passed and returned to his house and finished the window installation project.

For those of you out there that rode these old school bikes are you interested in returning to the days of a steel rigid 21 speed mountain bike?  Well I don't how to help you out in this adventure but I know I am browsing EBay and Craigslist to see if anyone is looking to part with one.  If you know of anyone that has one in their garage collecting dust let me know - I am very interested.

The blog is now back on it's regular schedule so keep a watch out for all of the upcoming new releases from Specialized, Felt, Fuji, Cervelo, Lynskey and the other lines we carry at Tom's Pro Bike.

LAKE ONTARIO RIDE - August 11th - Metric Century



Tom's Pro Bike Service
3687 Walden Avenue
Lancaster, New York 14086
P: (716)651-9995
E-Mail Us: tom@tomsprobike.com








No comments:

Post a Comment